Bordeaux Latest Vintage 2016 release of big names Pavie, Angelus and Lynch-Bages
Bordeaux 2016 en primeur wines are surprisingly creating big releases on the market and are reportedly better than last year (2015). Big guns Pavie, Angelus and Lynch-Bages are amongst the 2012 Classification of St-Émilion wines which were released this week, and are expected to perform well in line with the market value.
On May 23, Château Angélus and Pavie came out at €294 per bottle ex-Bordeaux with an increase of 16.7% on the opening of 2015. Its relevant price in the UK is at £3,576 which was a significant 33% increase since last year.
Château Lynch-Bages on the other hand made a rise of 14.3% from last year as reported on May 24 and is expected to be in the UK market at around £1,150 per case of 12.
Below are other wines released this week with notable increase from 2015:
- Château Carbonnieux at €25.20 ex-Bordeaux
- Château Saint Pierre at €45.60 ex-Bordeaux
- Château Petit Village at €54 ex-Bordeaux
- Château Gloria at €30 ex-Bordeaux
- Château Sociando Mallet at €26.40 ex-Bordeaux
- Château Langoa Barton at €36.60 ex-Bordeaux
- Château Quintus from Haut-Brion at €96 ex-Bordeaux
- Carruades de Lafite at €135 ex-Bordeaux
- Lafite-Rothschild 2016 at €455 ex-Bordeaux